Members of the university academic, student, and administrative community are eligible to apply for an Indigenous Engagement Conference Fund Grant.
This fund will support staff, faculty and student attendance at the following events:
- National Building Reconciliation Forums.
- Conferences and events related to Indigenization, decolonization and reconciliation.
- Conferences/events that build capacity to respond to the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
To be considered for funding, conferences must: anticipate a minimum registration of 50 and have a program covering at least one full day.
Applications for conference funding will be adjudicated based on the following criteria:
- impact of the conference in one of the following areas: Indigenous research, Indigenous student success, Indigenous scholarship, Indigenous outreach and community engagement;
- significance of the conference theme to the University of Saskatchewan; and
- the proposed program and a realistic budget.
The Indigenous Engagement Conference Fund is not intended as a mechanism to support workshops, seminars, course activities and poster events, visiting speakers, college or departmental symposia, and other small and focused events. It is not intended as a source of funding for recurring USask-based events, although it may provide inaugural seed funding in the first year of such events. Due to funds being limited, it may not be possible to fund all deserving proposals nor to fund proposals at the requested levels.
To request funding, please provide the following information by filling out the questions on this form. Applications will be reviewed by the 30th of each month by the Office of the Vice-Provost of Indigenous Engagement.
Name of event, description of the event, amount of funding request, how does this event build capacity to respond to the 94 calls to action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
A brief report (min. 200 words) of conference outcomes and an accompanying financial statement is required within six (6) months of the conference date.